Qualifications for Enrollment
- Citizenship: Presently ALL prospective applicants must be United States citizens. This action is a result of September 11th, and has been approved by the Board of Directors. Additionally, a stipulation of the federal grant monies is that only US Citizens may benefit from this support
- Age: An applicant for the League Cadets (NLCC) must be 10 years old but not yet age 13. An applicant for the Sea Cadets (NSCC) must be at least 13 years old but not reached their 18th birthday. As a rule, commanding officers should discourage high school seniors with less than six months to graduation, since they cannot advance to NSCC E-2 (Permanent) in less than six months. Age waiver requests are submitted via letter to the Executive Director.
- Education: Applicants must be enrolled in school, either public, private or a sanctioned home school program and have a satisfactory scholastic standing.
- Moral Character: Applicants must possess good moral character, be unmarried, not pregnant, drug free and be free of felony convictions.
NSCC/NLCC are Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliant, in regard to our enrollment qualifications. A medical examination similar to a high school sports physical is required for all cadet applicants to the Naval Sea Cadet Corps (NSCC) or Navy League Cadet Corps (NLCC). No one will be denied admission to the NSCC/NLCC due to a medical disability. Where a medical condition precludes full, unlimited participation, a Request for Accommodation (NSCADM 015) may be presented by the parent or guardian for review so the cadet may participate in NSCC activities to the maximum extent possible.
Medical Exams are required annually and must use the most current medical exam form and be signed by a doctor or nurse practitioner.
Medical History forms are required to be reviewed quarterly and must be updated after any major medical procedure or injury.
CADET APPLICATION AND AGREEMENT (Rev 08/17)
Used to record pertinent personal Cadet information as well as standard releases and privacy statement. Packet includes Member Information and Declarations, Report of Medical History, Medical History Supplemental, Report of Medical Exam, Request for Accommodation, and Parental Support Agreement. (Complete Packet = 11 Pages)
ADULT LEADER (OFF/INST/MIDN) APPLICATION (Rev 08/17)Used to record pertinent personal Officer/Instructor/Midshipman information as well as standard releases and privacy statement. Packet includes Member Information Sheets, Declarations, Volunteer Questionnaire, and the Report of Medical History. (Complete Packet = 6 Pages)
Adult leaders MUST complete additional background checks as required by PA. Please see this document for details > PA Child Abuse Clearances
- Published: Thursday, 19 March 2015 22:44